The Calm before the Storm
March 5, 2011 § 1 Comment
Well, this is just the calm before the literal flood of Kid Icarus: Uprising news that is bound to rain in one of these days. Remember if you hear some news before we do, you can send us an email!
Several days ago I had a dream where I found out that Uprising was actually only going to be a few levels long. Considering it can take as short a time as perhaps five minutes, if you’re quick, to complete a level, or at least an early level, this would make a game that you could 100% in about half an hour. I was heartbroken, and very happy when I woke up to find it never happened.
Also, IGN has released some new high-quality gameplay videos which can be viewed below:
If you want more gameplay videos and other Uprising-related videos, you can check out the Uprisen YouTube channel. There are only a couple uploads, but there are plenty of videos in the “Favorites” category. And just to be safe when we do start releasing more videos, go ahead and subscribe. :)
– Each stage starts on-rails.
– If you are aiming the reticle over and enemy before shooting your shots are also more powerful
– 3D works while in this view as you can judge how close incoming fire is to you
– The on foot sections include melee attacks and looking for meat to replenish health
– Interactive elements such as grind rails, spiked traps and jump pads will also be included
– Each stage ends with a boss fight
– The boss Nintendo Power saw in their preview was a multi-story tall Grim Reaper
– Controls are much like everyone thought with shooting and melee attacks being the L button, controlling Pit with the circle pad, and aiming with the touch screen
In Walmart today I walked into the magazine aisle to see if I could read through a bit of whatever the latest Nintendo Power magazine was (I used to get and love that magazine, so sometimes I want to check and see what they’re doing these days, though they’re not as cool as they used to be). That was a mistake, because the latest was a “launch special” for the 3DS, with all of the launch games featured, plus more. Needless to say, I didn’t leave that aisle for quite a while. I would’ve bought the magazine and read it later, but I only had $5 with me (I was with my dad, and yeah I know, I shouldn’t go around with only $5 in my pocket).
But anyway, there was an entire article (not just a small section) on Kid Icarus: Uprising, so I couldn’t pass up a chance to read it, especially since I’d have to face the entire internet with the fact that I run a Uprising fan site and I didn’t read it.
So I read it, and those guys gave it a great review. They pretty much said, “Get this game!”, though not nearly as condensed. If I’d bought the magazine, I could give you some quotes, but that’ll have to wait until later.
Anyway, I shall see the lot of you later! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook!